Desktop STATISTICA Prevails Over Minitab in a Comparative Review
eKPI Solutions, a consulting and training company, has published on its portal a comparative evaluation and review of the desktop version of STATISTICA vs. Minitab, another popular application for quality improvement and Six Sigma applications.
In this review, the author concludes that users who need tools for “advanced (statistical) analysis knowledge discovery” should “get STATISTICA. STATISTICA provides all necessary statistical tools!” and that the StatSoft products “can be used by a very wide audience” of users.
The author goes on to list a number of “clear, qualitative advantages of STATISTICA over Minitab” including:
- STATISTICA can be used by “virtually anyone who needs to ‘review numerical reports’ as part of their job.”
- STATISTICA is designed to address the data collection and analysis needs of each stage of a project and can serve as the analytic foundation for project implementation at companies of any size.
- STATISTICA offers “more of the relevant tools than any other commercially available application.”
- Graphical capabilities in STATISTICA are “simply in a whole different category than those of Minitab, in almost every respect” including: selection, flexibility, presentation quality appearance, integration with analyses, breath of features/functionality, interactive nature of graphs, compatibility with other applications, object model support…”there is no comparison.”
- The breath of statistical analyses is “also in a completely different category” and the selection “goes far beyond what Minitab offers.”
- STATISTICA includes a Reporter tool which allows for tables and graphs to be automatically (or manually) directed to the Reporter or even Microsoft Word to “develop presentation quality reports, completely within STATISTICA” and by comparison “tables and graphs cannot even be collected into a single editor inside of Minitab let alone presented in a professional way or later modified.”
The author concludes the lengthy review concluding that “companies that deploy STATISTICA” will find a complete arsenal of tools specifically ‘pre-configured’ for implementations of Six Sigma strategies at any level of the organization and a unique set of customization facilities [that] will allow them to quickly convert STATISTICA into a tool that will look and work as if it were originally developed ‘only’ to meet the needs of their specific organization.”