Companies in the Food industry utilize STATISTICA throughout the product development, manufacturing and sensory testing processes.
Research and Development
STATISTICA provides the integrated platform for analytics empowering research and new product development within organization in the Food industry. Improvements in the time-consuming and expensive process of research and development translate directly to the organization’s bottom line. Research organizations have experienced the positive impact of the deployment of the STATISTICA Enterprise platform. STATISTICA is the multi-user, server-based analytics platform to empower scientists with analytical tools that are easy to use, relevant, and integrated with their data sources.
The STATISTICA platform results in hard and soft Return on Investment (ROI) by:
- Empowering scientists with the analytic and exploratory tools to make more sound decisions and gain greater insights from the precious data that they collect
- Saving the scientists’ time by integrating analytics in their core processes
- Saving the statisticians’ time to focus on the delivery and packaging of effective analytic tools within the STATISTICA framework
- Increasing the level of collaboration across the R&D organization by sharing study results, findings, and reports
STATISTICA provides a broad base of integrated statistical and graphical tools including:
- Tools for basic research such as Exploratory Graphical Analysis, Descriptive Statistics, t-tests, Analysis of Variance, General Linear Models, and Nonlinear Curve Fitting
- Design of Experiments (DOE), including mixture designs and response optimization
- Tools for more advanced analyses such as a variety of clustering, predictive modeling, classification and machine learning approaches including Principal Components Analysis
The STATISTICA platform meets the needs of both scientists and statisticians in your R&D organization.
STATISTICA provides a comprehensive set of tools for sensory testing. STATISTICA allows the Sensory Testing team to “break down” participant responses by group. The software allows them to perform comparisons across the responses of multiple groups. Integrated graphical analyses provide intuitive summaries of the observed differences for communication to a wider audience. STATISTICA Reports provide an effective way to summarize the data and findings from a sensory study, outputted in PDF, HTML or a Word Processor-compatible (e.g., MS Word) format.
Manufacturing / Six Sigma
STATISTICA is an integral part of the quality control and Six Sigma programs at food manufacturing organizations. STATISTICA performs real-time and offline analyses of product defects, package weights, nutritional components, and many other product attributes critical to quality.